Why are Down South Apparel T-shirts so awesome?
- All of our single jersey knit tee’s are manufactured in 160gram combed cotton.
- All of our fleece garments are manufactured in 270gram 70/30 combed cotton/polyester. The polyester is only on the inside of the garment allowing us to give it a luxurious soft brushed finish.
- All of our fabrics are enzyme washed to remove excess surface fibres giving you the smoothest, softest surface in the market.
- All of our fabrics are dyed using dischargeable dyes allowing for great printing quality.
- All have our garments have been individually styled for the best fit in the industry.
- We only use lycra rib in all of our garments ensuring perfect recovery and optimum life span.
- Our Direct-to-Garment printing system uses environmental friendly inks and less plastics than any other ink supply systems.
ALL OUR GARMENTS ARE FAIR TRADE CERTIFIED.
What is Fairtrade?
Fairtrade is an ethical certification system which aims to promote more equality and sustainability in the farming sector. A product that carries the Fairtrade label has met rigorous Fairtrade Standards, which focus on (1) improving labour and living conditions for farming communities, and (2) promoting farming practices that don’t harm either people or the environment. Fairtrade is not a charity. It is an alternative trading model that combines trade with empowerment and sustainable development. For more information, please click here.